COUNCIL UPDATE REGARDING THE COVID-19 PANDEMIC
Lincoln Heritage Council, BSA COVID-19 Update & Additional Guidance for our Scouting Programs & Volunteers
The Lincoln Heritage Council’s (LHC) top priority during this COVID-19 pandemic is the safety of our Scouts, leaders, parents, and staff. To guide us in getting the “outing back into Scouting”, we have established safety protocols for council and unit activities. We will continue to monitor (and alter if needed) using the guidance of the state, CDC, and our Health Advisory Committee.
Council Guidance for Unit/Den/Patrol Weekly Meetings, Day Outings & Camping!
– Units/Dens/Patrols should follow all Scouting guidelines (Guide to Safe Scouting and Age Appropriate Activities), youth protection policies, state/local/CDC guidelines regarding youth activities and gatherings.
– Meetings, outings, camping, and locations must be approved by the Chartered Organization and follow any procedures or additional guidelines set forth by the Chartered Organization.
– Units, Dens, Patrols, and families are encouraged to use council owned properties for meetings, outings, and camping while following all guidelines by state and CDC.
CLICK HERE FOR OUR COUNCIL’S PRE-EVENT, CAMPS, AND MEETING PARTICIPATING CHECKLIST – Unit’s may also use this checklist for their activities and meetings in conjunction with the “Restart Scouting Checklist” above
Follow the guidelines and procedures below for council owned camps and the council office:
COVID LHC Camps and Council Office Procedures and Guidelines
COVID LHC Camps & Council Office Welcome Letter (for reserved guests)
Group outings should be restricted to smaller groups of 8-10 to allow for social distancing and to reduce exposure. Day visits only are strongly recommended. If camping, Adirondacks or tents only may be used. Indoor camping facilities will not be available.
Day only indoor activities for camps and the council office will require prior approval by the Properties Manager, Brian Weigel, to confirm group sizes and facilities. Call (502) 400-5361 or email email@example.com
LHC BSA IN PERSON DISTRICT COMMITTEE/COMMISSIONER STAFF/& EVENT/TRAINING PLANNING MEETINGS:
- Must have space to social distance and follow proper guidelines for safety.
- Must have a ZOOM conferencing option for those that wish to attend remotely. Location must have strong Wi-Fi service or a hotspot is available/secured to provide service to accommodate the meeting.
- Conduct both meetings on same evening with one of 2 Options:
Option A – Conduct as an overall Committee & Commissioner Meeting with time allotted for all portions of operations which could include a breakout for committee & one for commissioners.
Option B – Have a monthly commissioner meeting 45 mins prior to committee meeting with the District Commissioner staying for the committee meeting to represent commissioners at the Committee meeting. Other ADC’s and Commissioners would have the option to leave or stay based on their committee involvement.
Purpose of District Committee & Commissioners Staff Meetings: to support district’s units and leadership through Advancement, Program, Fundraising, Training, Membership, & Commissioner Service.
NOTE: We are still in the process of reviewing the timing, effectiveness, purpose, and delivery method of monthly leader roundtable meetings. These will continue to be conducted on a council-wide basis virtually until further notice.
To see all past communications regarding the Coronavirus pandemic, please click here.
STATE/CDC/NATIONAL, BSA/and LHC, BSA
Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC): https://www.cdc.gov/
- CDC decision tree graphic for youth programs and camps:
Resource links for our local council and National, BSA for additional info/updates/and FAQ about the Coronavirus protocols: