COUNCIL UPDATE REGARDING THE COVID-19 PANDEMIC
– September 30 – Lincoln Heritage Council, BSA COVID-19 Update & Additional Guidance for our Scouting Programs & Volunteers
The Lincoln Heritage Council’s (LHC) top priority during this COVID-19 pandemic is the safety of our Scouts, leaders, parents, and staff. To guide us in getting the “outing back into Scouting” we have established safety protocols for Council and unit activities. We will continue to monitor (and alter if needed) using the guidance of the state, CDC, and our Health Advisory Committee.
Council Guidance for Unit/Den/Patrol Weekly Meetings, Day Outings & Camping!
– Units/Dens/Patrols should follow all Scouting guidelines (Guide to Safe Scouting and Age Appropriate Activities), youth protection policies, state/local/CDC guidelines regarding youth activities and gatherings.
– Meetings, outings, camping, and locations must be approved by the Chartered Organization and follow any procedures or additional guidelines set forth by the Chartered Organization.
– Units, Dens, Patrols, and families are encouraged to use council owned properties for meetings, outings, and camping while following all guidelines by state and CDC.
UNTIL FURTHER NOTICE: Council & District In-Person Meetings (District Committee, Commissioners, Roundtable, Planning Meetings) need to be conducted virtually.
To see all past communications regarding the Coronavirus pandemic, please click here.
STATE/CDC/NATIONAL, BSA/and LHC, BSA
Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC): https://www.cdc.gov/
- CDC decision tree graphic for youth programs and camps:
Resource links for our local council and National, BSA for additional info/updates/and FAQ about the Coronavirus protocols: