The Lincoln Heritage Council, Boy Scouts of America is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Development DirectorDate of Posting: 07/22/2019
Email: email@example.comJob Description:
Overview: For over 100 years, the Lincoln Heritage Council (LHC) has served families throughout 64 counties in Kentucky, Indiana, Illinois and Tennessee. With a $4.8 million operating budget, more than 16,000 youth members, and nearly 5,000 volunteers, the LHC delivers a program that helps youth to be* Prepared…for Life* .
As the Development Director you will work with existing donors, prospect for new donors, and develop strategic relationships with corporate partners to knock our aggressive fundraising targets out of the park in order to grow our programs.
If you are a coachable, confident, independent self-starter with a competitive drive and a strong sense of urgency who wants to work with an organization that has a track record of making a difference in the lives of youth, this may be the opportunity for you.
Concept: The Development Director is responsible for growing the operating funds of the LHC. This position is part of a dynamic team focused on annual campaigns, special events, donor cultivation, and grant writing.
- Identify and recruit top level community leaders for several community-based annual campaigns. Most campaigns use a luncheon/dinner model with table captains and a keynote speaker.
- Recruit and lead a committee of top community leaders to raise funds through special events (i.e. golf tournament, sporting clays, gala, etc.).
- Identify and cultivate relationships with current and new donors / volunteers.
- Assist in developing campaign media (i.e. brochures, video, program, script, etc.)
- Ensure timely and accurate communication to donors.
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent from an accredited institution.
- Possess skills in verbal and written communication, building and cultivating relationships, detail work, record keeping, problem solving.
- Two – three years of fund development experience or business-development experience preferred.
- Passion for personal and professional growth.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $50,000.00 to $60,000.00 /year
Education: Bachelor’s (Required)
Work Location: One location
- Paid time off
- Health insurance
- Dental insurance
- Healthcare spending or reimbursement accounts such as HSAs or FSAs
- Retirement benefits or accounts
District ExecutiveDate of Posting: 07/19/2019
Email: firstname.lastname@example.orgJob Description:
Since 1910, Scouting has helped mold the future leaders of this country by combining educational activities and lifelong values with fun. The Boy Scouts of America believes and understands that helping youth puts us on a path towards a more conscientious, responsible, and productive society.
Today’s professional Scouters are a diverse group of men and women sharing a dynamic career offering independence, achievement, and stability. This is work that makes a difference, work that calls one to continual learning and challenge, work that offers solid compensation, benefits and advancement.
The District Executive selected will:
- Work with a volunteer board of directors and other community and business leaders to identify, recruit, train, guide, and inspire them to become involved in youth programs.
- Achieve progress towards specific goals and objectives which include: program development through collaborative relationships, volunteer recruitment and training, fundraising, membership recruitment and retention.
- Be responsible for extending programs to religious, civic, fraternal, educational, and other community-based organizations through volunteers.
- Secure adequate financial support for programs in assigned area. Achieve net income and participation objectives for assigned camps and activities.
- Recruit leadership for finance campaign efforts to meet the financial needs of the organization.
- Ensure that all program sites are served through volunteers, regular leader meetings, training events and activities.
- Collaborate with adult volunteers and oversee achievement of training for their respective role.
- Be a good role model and recognize the importance of working relationships with other professionals and volunteers. The executive must have communication skills and be able to explain the program’s goals and objectives to the public.
- Provide quality service through timely communication, regular meetings, training events and activities.
- Have a willingness and ability to devote long and irregular hours to achieve council and district objectives.
- Strong marketing, fund-raising and program development background is highly desired.
- Non-profit, fundraising or sales experience is a plus.
- Must be comfortable with public speaking and interacting with diverse audiences. Excellent people skills, enthusiastic, punctual, responsible and creative.
- Self-motivated individual with solid time management skills and strong organizational skills in management, budgeting, and planning.
- Committed to personal and professional productivity, while maintaining high ethical and professional working standards.
- Must be willing to accept and meet the Boy Scout of America’s leadership and membership standards and subscribe to the Scout Oath and Law.
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university (transcript with the date degree conferred stated is required for employment).
- Attained 21 years of age or older unless prohibited by any applicable law.
- Must be willing to relocate to live within the district’s borders
- Ability to work varied hours when necessary, evening activities and weekend work is frequently required to achieve positive objectives.
- Ability to travel for training at least once a year for one to two weeks.
- A Scouting background is helpful but not required for employment.
- Offers for employment are subject to criminal, reference and motor vehicle background checks.
All councils are equal opportunity employers. In addition to offering a competitive salary of $37,000. Professional Scouting offers benefits to include major medical, prescription coverage,dental, vision, life-insurance, short and long-term disability,accidental death, a defined benefit retirement plan, plus compensation for authorized and approved business-related expenses to include phone, car allowance, and mileage reimbursement. We also offer generous PTO policy and BSA holiday observances.
How to apply:
Qualified candidates must submit cover letter and resume with salary history to email@example.com. Only the most qualified candidates will be contacted.
Additional information on a career as a District Executive can be found at this link: http://www.scouting.org/Careers/WorkingWithUs/EssentialSkills.aspxApply