UNIT RENEWAL/RECHARTER INFORMATION:
INFORMATION/TRAINING/RESOURCES REGARDING THIS YEAR’S INTERNET RECHARTERING 2.0 SYSTEM:
INTERNET RECHARTERING 2.0 SYSTEM IS OPEN:
- Internet Rechartering 2.0 Access CLICK HERE
- Each Unit Key 3 (CM, SM, NL, SK, EA, CC, COR) or delegate (must be assigned by key 3 in system) will have access. You can access the Internet Recharter 2.0 through my.scouting.org (Menu/BSA Web Links) or Scoutbook.
- Use the same login information that is used for your my.scouting.org account.
CLICK HERE FOR ADDITIONAL INFORMATION/SUPPORT/TIMELINE FOR RECHARTER
LINCOLN HERITAGE COUNCIL UNIT RECHARTER PLANNING TIMELINE
- Unit Key 3 assigns or recruits a volunteer to complete recharter. (Note: Key 3 must delegate and provide them access if they are not a member of the key 3.)
- Volunteer assigned to complete recharter becomes familiar with new system.
- Review the unit renewal/recharter roster for 2024 and begin collecting fees/renewing existing members for the upcoming year and update their contact information.
- Submit applications for all new leaders, leaders not registered, and new youth now prior to starting recharter.
- It is important to get all new youth and adult registration into the Scout office for processing quickly. Once processed these new youth and adults will show up on your online roster for recharter/renewal making it easier for you to submit and to process.
- Unit Key 3’s or designees will be able to access the “Internet Recharter 2.0” system through their my.scouting.org accounts.
OCTOBER thru NOVEMBER 30th
- Complete all steps prior to validation and payment
BY DECEMBER 15th (If not sooner)
- Complete validation, payment, and submit any additional paperwork for processing.
If you have questions in regard to rechartering, please reach out to your District Executive or Council Registrar. CLICK HERE FOR A STAFF DIRECTORY
UPCOMING CHANGES MARCH 2024
Beginning March 1, 2024, youth and adult members will join for a 12-month membership cycle and will not be tied to the unit recharter process. Unit renewal will be separate from adult and youth membership renewal. The process will be much simpler as the system will allow the chartered organization to approve the adult leadership and confirm they have the required adult supervision to conduct the Scouting program. The local council will determine when the unit’s renewal occurs.