COVID-19 Communication Archives
This is an archive of communications sent out during the Coronavirus pandemic:
Additional Guidance for Scouting Programs & Volunteers.
The Lincoln Heritage Council’s (LHC) top priority during this COVID-19 pandemic is the safety of our Scouts, leaders, parents, and staff. To guide us in getting the “outing back into Scouting” we have established a three-step protocol for Council and unit activities. We will continue to monitor (and alter if needed) using the guidance of the state, CDC, and our Health Advisory Committee.
On 7-20-20, the Governor of the State of Kentucky made a decision to reduce gatherings to 10 or fewer. As outlined in the guidance below, we must also alter our Scout meetings and gathering to reflect the maximum number of participants for the State in which your unit is chartered/meeting/or planning an outing. This change in number of participants will also need to be reflected at our Council’s camping properties as well.
Guidance for Unit/Den/Patrol Weekly Meetings, Day Outings & Camping!
- Following all Scouting guidelines (Guide to Safe Scouting and Age Appropriate Activities), youth protection policies, state/local/CDC guidelines regarding youth activities and gatherings, including protocols on maximum number of group participants.
- Meetings, outings, camping, and locations must be approved by the Chartered Organization and follow any procedures or additional guidelines set forth by the Chartered Organization.
- Encouraged to use council owned properties and follow all guidelines by state and CDC.
Fall 2020 Council & District events are still being planned and we are continually monitoring as we make decisions regarding these upcoming events, activities, and trainings:
– Council & District Day Event & Camping Events
– Council & District Trainings with Camping/Overnights
– Recruitment Events
– Product Sales (Camp Card/Popcorn Sales)
UNTIL FURTHER NOTICE: Council & District In-Person Meetings (District Committee, Commissioners, Roundtable, Planning Meetings) need to be conducted virtually.
Camping available at Council properties for units and families. Click here.
The Lincoln Heritage Council has established a 3-step plan for returning to Scouting operations. Click here.
The Lincoln Heritage Council, under the advice of the Health Advisory Committee makes the tough decision to cancel all camps 2020. For details on refunds, read more >
Our Council leadership and our Health Advisory Committee are closely following the daily updates and long-range projections from local officials and the CDC. We are extending our closures of all Scouting activities until June 1. Read more >
We are extending our postponement of all scouting activities until May 4 Read more >
Council offices, camps, scout shops and all scouting activities postponed until April 20 Read more >
Council offices, camps, scout shops closed until March 30. Read more>
All Scouting activities (including meetings) postponed until March 29. Read more>