Overview: For over 100 years, the Lincoln Heritage Council (LHC) has served families throughout 64 counties in Kentucky, Indiana, Illinois and Tennessee. With a $4.8 million operating budget, more than 16,000 youth members, and nearly 5,000 volunteers, the LHC delivers a program that helps youth to be* Prepared…for Life* .
As the Development Director you will work with existing donors, prospect for new donors, and develop strategic relationships with corporate partners to knock our aggressive fundraising targets out of the park in order to grow our programs.
If you are a coachable, confident, independent self-starter with a competitive drive and a strong sense of urgency who wants to work with an organization that has a track record of making a difference in the lives of youth, this may be the opportunity for you.
Concept: The Development Director is responsible for growing the operating funds of the LHC. This position is part of a dynamic team focused on annual campaigns, special events, donor cultivation, and grant writing.
- Identify and recruit top level community leaders for several community-based annual campaigns. Most campaigns use a luncheon/dinner model with table captains and a keynote speaker.
- Recruit and lead a committee of top community leaders to raise funds through special events (i.e. golf tournament, sporting clays, gala, etc.).
- Identify and cultivate relationships with current and new donors / volunteers.
- Assist in developing campaign media (i.e. brochures, video, program, script, etc.)
- Ensure timely and accurate communication to donors.
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent from an accredited institution.
- Possess skills in verbal and written communication, building and cultivating relationships, detail work, record keeping, problem solving.
- Two – three years of fund development experience or business-development experience preferred.
- Passion for personal and professional growth.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $50,000.00 to $60,000.00 /year
Education: Bachelor’s (Required)
Work Location: One location
- Paid time off
- Health insurance
- Dental insurance
- Healthcare spending or reimbursement accounts such as HSAs or FSAs
- Retirement benefits or accounts