COUNCIL UPDATE REGARDING THE COVID-19 PANDEMIC
7-22-20 Lincoln Heritage Council, BSA COVID-19 Update & Additional Guidance for our Scouting Programs & Volunteers:
The Lincoln Heritage Council’s (LHC) top priority during this COVID-19 pandemic is the safety of our Scouts, leaders, parents, and staff. To guide us in getting the “outing back into Scouting” we have established a three-step protocol for Council and unit activities. We will continue to monitor (and alter if needed) using the guidance of the state, CDC, and our Health Advisory Committee.
On 7-20-20, the Governor of the State of Kentucky made a decision to reduce gatherings to 10 or fewer. As outlined in the guidance below, we must also alter our Scout meetings and gathering to reflect the maximum number of participants for the State in which your unit is chartered/meeting/or planning an outing. This change in number of participants will also need to be reflected at our Council’s camping properties as well.
Guidance for Unit/Den/Patrol Weekly Meetings, Day Outings & Camping!
- Following all Scouting guidelines (Guide to Safe Scouting and Age Appropriate Activities), youth protection policies, state/local/CDC guidelines regarding youth activities and gatherings, including protocols on maximum number of group participants.
- Meetings, outings, camping, and locations must be approved by the Chartered Organization and follow any procedures or additional guidelines set forth by the Chartered Organization.
- Encouraged to use council owned properties and follow all guidelines by state and CDC.
Fall 2020 Council & District events are still being planned and we are continually monitoring as we make decisions regarding these upcoming events, activities, and trainings:
– Council & District Day Event & Camping Events
– Council & District Trainings with Camping/Overnights
– Recruitment Events
– Product Sales (Camp Card/Popcorn Sales)
UNTIL FURTHER NOTICE: Council & District In-Person Meetings (District Committee, Commissioners, Roundtable, Planning Meetings) need to be conducted virtually.
STATE/CDC/NATIONAL, BSA/and LHC, BSA
Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC): https://www.cdc.gov/
- CDC decision tree graphic for youth programs and camps:
Resource links for our local council and National, BSA for additional info/updates/and FAQ about the Coronavirus protocols: