The Lincoln Heritage Council is one of the oldest local Councils serving both urban and rural areas in the United States. Their first charter was granted under the name "Louisville Area Council" in 1912. Later they applied for and received permission to change the name of the Council to "Old Kentucky Home Council", which remained the name until 1992. In 1992, the George Rogers Clark Area Council, based out of New Albany, Indiana, chose to join efforts with their neighbor, the Old Kentucky Home Council . The councils merged, and on January 1, 1993, the Lincoln Heritage Council officially came to be.
The Lincoln Heritage Council operates one Council Service Center. Business hours are from 8:30 AM to 5:00 PM (EST) Monday through Friday.
The BSA Mission Statement The mission of the Boy Scouts of America is to prepare young people to make ethical and moral choices over their lifetimes, by instilling in them, the values of the Scout Oath and Law.
The Districts of the Lincoln Heritage Council are:
- Audubon District (Daviess, Hancock, Henderson, McLean and Ohio counties in Kentucky)
- Iroquois District (West Jefferson counties)
- Cherokee District (Southeast Jefferson County)
- Dan Boone District (Trimble, Henry, Oldham, Shelby, and Carroll counties)
- Four Rivers District (Hardin, Massac and Pope counties in Illinois; Ballard, Carlisle, Fulton, Graves, Hickman and McCracken counties in Kentucky and the South Fulton community in Tennessee)
- Lewis & Clark District (Clark, Scott, Washington, Harrison, Crawford, and Floyd counties in Indiana)
- Lincoln Trail District (Hardin, Grayson, Breckinridge, Meade, and LaRue counties)
- Old Kentucky Home District (Bullitt, Washington, Nelson, Marion, Taylor, Green, Adair, and Spencer counties)
- Seneca District (Northeast Jefferson County)
- Shawnee District
- Tecumseh District (Caldwell, Christian, Crittenden, Hopkins, Muhlenberg, Todd, Union and Webster counties in Kentucky)
- Wapiti District (Allen, Barren, Butler Cumberland, Edmonson Hart, Logan Metcalfe and Monroe, Simpson and Warren counties in Kentucky)